Research Assistant (HLO/WO)
|Werkervaring||:||Vanaf 5 jaar|
|Type||:||Geschikt als bijbaan|
|Uren per week||:||33 - 40 uur|
We are looking for a skilled Scientist within the R&D of viral vaccin production. As a research assistant within a newly created laboratory dedicated to providing services to external customers. Within this position your activities will mainly focus around vaccine matching, serological testing, virus isolation and characterization. You will design, plan, conduct testing and reports results in a reliable format.Furthermore you will supervise a team of technicians, contribute to publications, presentations and reports (internally/externally).Major responsibilities:
- Perform serum neutralization testing on serum samples and for vaccine matching;
- FMD virus isolation on cell lines coming from endemic regions;
- Devoloping initial screening of virus isolates based on virus culture, and execute transfer of selected virus isolates to R&D for vaccine development;
- Taking lead in preparation of protocols and laboratory workload;
- Design, plan, conduct and report studies within: virology, biochemistry, immunology, and molecular biology;
- Train scientist and technicians;
- Manage lab inventory and organize transfer of material to internal and external research labs;
- Ensure compliance with all required procedures in terms of quality (GLP, GMP) and intellectual property;
- Identify irregularities within the research process and implements corrective actions as well as propose and develop improvements within the methods and technologies;
- Write SOP's.
The candidate has a bachelor in microbiology or comparable educational level with 5 or more years experience within a R&D laboratory, preferably in the industry. Knowledge of cellular and viral culture, biochemistry, immunology, and molecular biology. Evenso the candidate has experience with GLP and proper knowledge of standard software programs. Main competences: self-motivated, flexible, analytical capability, strong team player. Fluency in Dutch and English is required.
We offer a challenging position within a small enthusiastic R&D team. Do you have any questions concerning this vacancy? Please contact Patrick de Haan on 31 (0)88 - 890 0839.Are you an experienced laboratory professional and looking for the next step in your career? Balans Laboratorium mediates in a professional and thorough manner for senior scientists and managers with a laboratory or food background. If you are open to further broaden and deepen your career at a new employer, we suggest you visit our website to see how we can assist you in your search. If you want to leave us your details so we can contact you when we have an interesting position available for you, you can register via our website. Once you have registered, we will contact you within five working days to discuss your specific needs and wishes.