Extron XPA 1002 power amplifier
LeveringOphalen of Verzenden
|Type||:||Tv en Weergevers|
The Extron XTRA Series XPA 1002 is a half rack 1U, convection cooled power amplifier delivering two channels of 100 watts into 4 ohms. This professional grade amplifier features a 105 dB signal-to-noise ratio with 0.05% THD+N. The XPA 1002 is an ENERGY STAR® qualified amplifier with an Extron exclusive, highly efficient, advanced Class D amplifier design. It also features patented CDRS Class D Ripple Suppression technology that provides a smooth, clean audio waveform and an improvement in signal fidelity over conventional Class D amplifiers. The XPA 1002 is one quarter the size of comparable amplifiers, conserving rack space and weighing only 2.5 lbs (1.1 kg). The Extron exclusive, high efficiency design generates very little heat and allows the amplifier to be convection cooled.
Energy Efficient Amplifier with Auto Power-Down
The XPA 1002 ENERGY STAR qualified amplifier is an energy efficient product that conserves energy and reduces costs. With an auto power-down feature that automatically places the amplifier into standby after 25 minutes of inactivity, it consumes just 10 watts when idle and less than 1 watt in standby mode.
The XPA 1002 is housed in a compact 1U, half rack width enclosure. This amplifier is UL 2043 plenum rated, allowing for a concealed installation above a drop ceiling to prevent theft while providing convenient placement of AV equipment.
The XPA 1002 two channel amplifier delivers 100 watts rms per channel into 4 ohms or 60 watts rms per channel into 8 ohms for amplification of voice or program audio content to stereo speakers, or two sets of 8 ohm ceiling speakers in a dual zone application.
The XPA 1002 accepts balanced and unbalanced input signals and includes recessed, detented level controls located on the rear panel to prevent tampering. These controls allow for adjusting audio system gain structure, or setting individual levels for each zone. For applications requiring volume adjustment and muting control from a location other than the amplifier, remote control capability is available using the optional Extron VCM 100 or VCM 200 analog volume and mute controller or VC 50 analog volume controller. Additionally, the XPA 1002 includes multiple protection circuits that momentarily activate when an abnormal condition, such as overheating, is detected. An advanced, automatic clip limiter protects speakers from clipping distortion.
*Inputs: Balanced or unbalanced stereo on a 3.5 mm, 5-pole captive screw connector
- Speaker Outputs: Screw-lock, 5 mm, 4-pole captive screw connector
- 2 x 100 watts @ 4 ohms; 2 x 60 watts @ 8 ohms The XPA 1002 provides ample power output for larger rooms.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified amplifier The XPA 1002 is an ENERGY STAR qualified amplifier and energy efficient product that conserves energy and reduces costs.
- Professional grade signal-to-noise and THD+N performance The XPA 1002 delivers professional grade performance with 105 dB signal-to-noise ratio, and THD of less than 0.05%.
- Extron Patented CDRS Class D Ripple Suppression CDRS is an Extron Patented technology that provides a smooth, clean audio waveform and an improvement in signal fidelity over conventional Class D amplifier designs. CDRS eliminates the high frequency switching ripple characteristic of Class D amplifiers, a source of RF emissions which can interfere with sensitive AV equipment such as wireless microphones.
- Convection cooled, fanless operation The XPA 1002 does not require internal fans or vents for cooling, ensuring quiet, reliable operation. It generates substantially less heat than conventional power amplifiers, making it ideal for rack-mount applications.
- Ultra low inrush current no need for power sequencing Allows multiple XTRA Series amplifiers to be powered on simultaneously without overloading power circuits. This eliminates the need for power sequencing.
- Power factor correction removes harmonic content on AC line The XPA 1002 features power factor correction technology that smoothes out the high peak currents of the amplifiers current draw, thus minimizing the presence of high frequency harmonics on the AC power line, and therefore preventing audible artifacts from being transmitted to other audio equipment in the system.
- Rack-mountable 1U, half rack width enclosure With the capability to deliver full-sized amplifier power in one quarter to one half the size of many comparable power amplifiers, the XPA 1002 reduces rack space requirements for many installations. (mounts not included)
- UL 2043 plenum rated when used with optional Flexible Conduit Adapter Kit The XPA 1002 meets UL 2043 for smoke and heat release for installation within a plenum airspace above a drop ceiling when used with the optional Flexible Conduit Adapter Kit, part # 70-228-02. Above-the-ceiling placement conceals the amplifier to prevent theft, and is convenient for installing equipment when space inside the room is limited.
- Auto power-down with fast power-up The XPA 1002 meets ENERGY STAR qualification requirements with an auto power-down feature that automatically places the amplifier into standby after 25 minutes of inactivity, dramatically reducing power consumption. It quickly returns to full power status in less than one second upon signal detection.
- Rear panel recessed, detented level controls Provide attenuation of input signals for adjusting audio system gain staging as well as two-zone applications. They are located on the rear panel to prevent users from tampering with level adjustments.
- Automatic clip limiter Detects actual onset of clipping by comparing input and output waveforms. Gain is automatically reduced with a slow attack and fast release to eliminate clipping. This advanced limiter design protects the speakers from clipping distortion and offers superior sonic characteristics compared to limiters that use signal compression.
- Multiple protection circuits Activate during output shorts, thermal overload, or DC faults to prevent damage to the amplifier and speakers.
- Remote standby port Enables the XPA 1002 to be remotely powered down when not in use, reducing operating cost.
- Remote volume and mute control port In basic installations without control systems, this port allows the XPA 1002 to be remotely controlled using the optional Extron VCM 100 or VCM 200 analog volume and mute controller or VC 50 analog volume controller.
- Bridgeable outputs The power output of the XPA 1002 can be effectively doubled by bridging the output. A mono source is wired to both the left and right input while the output is wired for bridged operation. Bridging allows power to be output at 200 watts into 8 ohms or 120 watts into 16 ohms. The minimum load impedance when bridging is 8 ohms. See manual for complete wiring details.
- 5 mm screw-lock captive screw speaker connectors Enable simple, secure connections with 22 to 12 AWG speaker cables.
- Front and rear-mounted signal and protection indication LEDs Provide convenient indication of input signal presence and protection circuit activation from both sides of an equipment rack.
- Front panel over-temperature LED Provides visual indication that the enclosure temperature has exceeded the optimal value, well in advance of the onset of thermal protection circuitry.
- Internal universal power supply The 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, international power supply provides worldwide power compatibility.
Ook te bestellen in onze webshop mkh-electronics.store !!