|Werkervaring||:||Vanaf 3 jaar|
|Uren per week||:||33 - 40 uur|
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If youre interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Ask any Dutch internet user about their favorite Marktplaats story. Observe their excitement about the great deal they found or the interesting people they met. They have made Marktplaats the most popular site in the Netherlands. On an average day, Marktplaats handles over 1 million unique visitors, 350.000 new advertisements and 155.000 transactions. But we want to go even further - we are constantly changing our platform to deliver the experience our customers love. We are a mix of Dutch and Silicon Valley cultures; like both, we are an international team of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data.
We believe that data is the voice of the customer. Through customer research and continuous experimentation, we make sure the customer is involved in building the best classifieds experience in the world. Weve organized around the key stages of the customer journey on Marktplaats. Every journey team is a matrix team consisting of product managers, business owners, UX designers, developers and marketers.
Each team also has a dedicated Data Scientist: thats you. You are the expert on using data to gain insights on the customer journey, and you can advise the team on which initiative has the best chance to drive impact towards joint goals.
You make sure to deliver these data-driven insights to the team, supporting data-driven decision making in stand-ups and team meetings. You advise the team on how to track and measure whether initiatives are delivering the intended customer impact.
- Identify opportunities by analyzing users touchpoints (e.g. searching, buying and selling behavior data) that can, when acted upon, trigger changes in the users behavior.
- Support the Marktplaats product teams in their data needs throughout the discovery and delivery cycles to maximize their impact, by delivering advanced (statistical) analysis on the initiatives and results that are created.
- Be the data expert that supports the teams in setting up test scenarios to validate and further deepen our understanding of user behavior or the ROI we have.
- Build fast feedback loops of the experiments by building clear dashboards that allow for continuous updates in stand-ups and team meets, as well as alert the team of trends breaking in very early stages.
- Bring our understanding of the customer and their interaction with Marktplaats through data to a higher level
- 3-5 years of experience in an Analytical function
- a M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree (e.g. Econometrics, Computer Science, Statistics)
- Proficient at working with large data, both in conventional data bases (SQL) as well as distributed technologies (Hadoop and Spark)
- Experience with the use of statistical methods (in f.e. R of Python) to validate outcomes.
- Familiarity with Tableau is a pre
- Strong communicator and fluent in English
- Demonstrating creativity and initiative and driven
Acquisition is not appreciated