Marktplaats Quality Assurance Engineer
|Werkervaring||:||Vanaf 5 jaar|
|Uren per week||:||33 - 40 uur|
Location: Amsterdam NL
Ask any Dutch internet user about their favourite Marktplaats story. Observe their excitement about the great deal they found or the interesting people they met. They have made Marktplaats the most popular site and the most downloaded app made in the Netherlands.
We are an international team (26 countries!) of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data. We invite you to join us. This is a big responsibility; you will work on high-availability servers, improve customer experience through innovation, impact revenues and advance our team and technologies. In turn, we will work with you to grow your career in Marktplaats and eBay.
Your growth will involve our highly-performant and high-traffic systems. During peak hours, our site's per-second throughput is OVER 1000 searches (which makes us the second most-used search engine in NL), 25K images and 4GB of data; Marktplaats handles over 1 million unique visitors, 350K new advertisements and 155K transactions daily. On an average month, we get 140 million visits, which translates into 2.5 billion page views. But our users demand more, so we are constantly changing our platform to deliver the experience our customers love.
What you can expect from us:
- A collaborative, informal, international and playful work environment with self-organised, multi-disciplinary agile/lean teams
- Managers and teammates who are invested in your growth as a technologist and as a person
- Work with cool modern technologies such as Scala, Hadoop, Apache Spark, Elasticsearch, Apache Kafka, Consul, Node.js, React, Swift and Play
- Access to tools and resources to do your job (best-in-class laptop, IDEs, Safari Online subscription, conferences and meetups, all the coffee and soda you can drink, and much more)
- Ability to join and participate in multiple internal interest groups in Marktplaats and across eBay Classifieds Group in trending topics like DevOps, BigData, mobile development, and others
- Continuous Deployment through multiple environments to get rapid feedback about your work
- Work on one of the most beloved brands in the Netherlands
The person we are looking for has extensive experience in online or related areas, with at least a demonstrable 6+ years in the technology field. We expect you to be an expert in testing and Quality Assurance and to have good knowledge of the multi-dimensional thinking needed to work with large and/or distributed systems. Furthermore, we need someone who lives and breathes Agile development, can focus on delivering, wants to participate in continuously improving how we work, and has an interest in how we can do Quality Assurance in a world where we dont have the time to do the testing before a change goes live.
What we expect from you:
- Identifying risks and recommend actions to minimise risk;
- A creative mindset;
- Self-starting mentality;
- Analysing product requirements/stories, creating and aligning test and monitoring approaches with developers, product owners and business stakeholders;
- Be able to use and create real-time monitoring and advice our teams how to improve this;
- Being passionate in experimenting and then delivering the best solution;
- Ability of Working in a highly interactive Agile delivery team and participating in Testing & Pair Programming;
- Contributing to Continuous Delivery by working with developers on improving test automation;
- Proactively solving problems, suggesting process automation and improvements;
- Having the ability to look at code and architecture to understand the impact of what is built;
- (Mobile) Application testing (iOS/Android/Web);
- Advanced level of English (written and spoken).
A big plus would be:
- Understanding the challenges of a high traffic platform;
- Dutch language skills;
- Strong technical background (e.g., DevOps, site operations, software development or networking);
- An object oriented language like Java or functional language like Scala;
- Understanding the quality challenges in the build, measure and learn process and being a part of each phase.
Background checks are part of the hiring process.
Acquisition is not appreciated.