Marktplaats Senior Front End Engineer
|Werkervaring||:||Vanaf 5 jaar|
|Uren per week||:||33 - 40 uur|
Ask any Dutch internet user about their favourite Marktplaats story. Observe their excitement about the great deal they found or the interesting people they met. They have made Marktplaats the most popular site in the Netherlands.
On an average day, Marktplaats handles over 1 million unique visitors, 350.000 new advertisements and 155.000 transactions. But we want to go even further - we are constantly changing our platform to deliver the experience our customers love.
We are an international team of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data. We invite you to join us. This is a big responsibility; you will work on high-availability servers, improve customer experience through innovation, impact revenues and advance our team and technologies. In turn, we will work with you to grow your career in Marktplaats and eBay.
What you can expect from us:
- A collaborative, informal, international and playful work environment
- Self-organised agile/lean teams consisting of QA, product managers, UX, analysts, front-end-, mobile- and back-end developers
- Managers and teammates who are invested in your growth as a technologist and as a person
- Work with modern frontend technologies such as Node.js and React but also get to know about other technologies like Scala, Elasticsearch, Swift and Play.
- Access to tools and resources to do your job (best-in-class laptop, IDEs, Safari Online subscription, conferences and meetups, all the coffee and soda you can drink, and much more)
- Ability to join and participate in multiple internal interest groups in Marktplaats and across eBay Classifieds Group in trending topics like DevOps, BigData, mobile development, and others
- Continuous Deployment through multiple environments to get rapid feedback about your work
- Work on one of the most beloved brands in the Netherlands
The person we are looking for has extensive experience in on-line or related areas, with at least 6+ years of full-time employment. We expect the right person to be an expert in software engineering and have good knowledge of what it means to work with large and/or distributed systems. We also believe that to be a well-rounded developer, one needs experience with more than just one programming language. Furthermore, we need someone who lives and breathes Agile development, can focus on delivering, and wants to take a leading role in improving how we work.
What we expect from you:
- Work closely with an experienced product & design team to build beautiful, intuitive experiences in a high-visibility environment
- Own major projects and features from design phase to coding and testing
- Find and help fix stability, scalability, performance issues, cross-browser compatibility, Web standards, and interoperability.
- Have a solid grasp and experience with MVC and OO design.
- Using source control systems such as Git or Subversion
- Self-motivated and have the ability to get things done
- Ability to come up with innovative solutions to problems, while also thoroughly considering edge cases and avoiding pitfalls
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to influence a cross-functional team to deliver results.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Be a key team member in development and design of new projects
- Coaching of junior and medior developers (guide them through architecture and procedures, be a mentor helping with skills development)
- Think with your colleagues about architecture decisions and help work them out
- Help to continuously improve development work in all areas (coding, processes, tools, testing, etc.)
- Be a technical sparring partner for the organisation to help the business create efficient and effective requirements
- Work with international counterparts across the worldwide eBay Classifieds Group
Preferably you have degree in Computer Sciences or comparable topic.
Background checks are part of the hiring process.
Acquisition is not appreciated.