|Werkervaring||:||Vanaf 3 jaar|
|Uren per week||:||33 - 40 uur|
Ask any Dutch internet user about their favourite Marktplaats story. Observe their excitement about the great deal they found or the interesting people they met. They have made Marktplaats the most popular site and the most downloaded app made in the Netherlands.
We are an international team (26 countries!) of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data. We invite you to join us. This is a big responsibility; you will work on high-availability servers, improve customer experience through innovation, impact revenues and advance our team and technologies. In turn, we will work with you to grow your career in Marktplaats and eBay.
Your growth will involve our highly-performant and high-traffic systems. During peak hours, our site's per-second throughput is OVER 1000 searches (which makes us the second most-used search engine in NL), 25K images and 4GB of data; Marktplaats handles over 1 million unique visitors, 350K new advertisements and 155K transactions daily. On an average month, we get 140 million visits, which translates into 2.5 billion page views. But our users demand more, so we are constantly changing our platform to deliver the experience our customers love.
What you can expect from us:
- A collaborative, informal, international and playful work environment with self-organised, multi-disciplinary agile/lean teams
- Managers and teammates who are invested in your growth as a technologist and as a person
- Work with cool modern technologies such as Scala, Java, Kotlin, Node.js, Apache Kafka, Elasticsearch, Cassandra and more in a fast-evolving Microservices architecture
- Access to tools and resources to do your job (best-in-class laptop, IDEs, Safari Online subscription, conferences and meetups, all the coffee and soda you can drink, and much more)
- Ability to join and participate in multiple internal interest groups in Marktplaats and across eBay Classifieds Group in trending topics like Machine Learning, AI, DevOps, BigData, mobile development, and others
- Continuous Deployment through multiple environments to get rapid feedback about your work
- Work on one of the most beloved brands in the Netherlands
The person we are looking for has an intense drive to learn, is passionate about their work, thrives on cooperating with others and is pro-active. We also believe that a well-rounded developer needs experience with more than just one programming language. Furthermore, we need someone who lives and breathes Agile development, can focus on delivering, and wants to learn about new technologies.
What we expect from you:
- Learn quickly: we will coach you to learn what we do and how we do it. We promise to learn from you as well!
- Have the ability to work independently
- Skilled with Object Oriented language like Java
- Be comfortable using different design patterns and algorithms
- Unix or Linux
- Product and Experiment focused
A big plus would be:
- Have an interest in solving scalability and performance issues
- Experience with Scala or another functional languages
- Understanding of basic infrastructure components like load balancers
Preferably you have a degree in Computer Sciences or comparable topic.
Background checks are part of the hiring process.
Acquisition is not appreciated.