Data scientist - Product analyst
|Werkervaring||:||Vanaf 3 jaar|
|Uren per week||:||33 - 40 uur|
Ask any Dutch internet user about their favorite Marktplaats story. Observe their excitement about the great deal they found or the interesting people they met. They have made Marktplaats the most popular site in the Netherlands. On an average day, Marktplaats handles over 1 million unique visitors, 350.000 new advertisements and 155.000 transactions. But we want to go even further - we are constantly changing our platform to deliver the experience our customers love. We are a mix of Dutch and Silicon Valley cultures; like both, we are an international team of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data. We invite you to join us. This is a big responsibility; you will improve customer experience through innovation, impact revenues and advance our team. In turn, we will work with you to grow your career in Marktplaats and eBay.
VOICE OF THE CUSTOMER
We believe that data is the voice of the customer. Through customer research and continuous experimentation, we make sure the customer is involved in building the best classifieds experience in the world. We have organized ourselves around the key stages of the customer journey on Marktplaats. Every journey team is a cross functional team consisting of product managers, business owners, UX designers, developers, analysts and marketers. We are rapidly moving to a future where not people, but the data decide what to serve the customer. To ensure data driven decision making in all parts of our development process, we need to bring knowledge of best practices in experimentation and validation in the entire organization to a next level. We are looking for a creative, experienced, results-oriented product analyst that can both help us get the needed analyses done, as well as bring the team knowledge to the next level. Thats you! You see the possibilities in all the data we have, and know how show multidisciplinary teams how to use it to find the best opportunities to build even more awesome product features.
- Ensure that the multidisciplinary development team has the ability to take the right decisions by
- Facilitating setting up experiments that enable us to find where to focus our efforts
- Validating the impact we make with our changes
- Identifying opportunities to improve our product by analyzing customer behavior
- Be the data evangelist that works with the data scientists, other product analysts, engineers and product managers to make sure we make the best use of available data, and build data based product features that drive our objectives and key results
- Coach junior analysts to enable them to continuously improve our way of working
- Help the Benelux overall team decide what more data to gather, how to model it and set it up in such a way that we can use this data to improve customer experience and find commercial opportunities
- 5-7 years of experience in an analytics or data science environment
- a M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Econometrics, Statistics etc)
- Excellent at working with huge amounts of data, both in conventional data bases (SQL) as well as distributed technologies (Hadoop and Spark)
- Solid experience with the use of appropriate statistical tools (in f.e. R or Python) to validate outcomes
- Proven experience coaching teams to improve way of working
- Strong communicator and fluent in English
- Demonstrating creativity and initiative, and acting in a result orientated way.
- Prior experience working with multidisciplinary development teams and/or an online environment is an added advantage
Background checks are part of the hiring process.
Acquisition is not appreciated.