Electrical Specialist at EPO in The Hague
Electrical Specialist at EPO in The HagueZie omschrijving
|Werkervaring||:||Vanaf 5 jaar|
|Uren per week||:||33 - 40 uur|
Job group: 6
Grade: G2-G5 (net (basic) monthly salary* for this vacancy: EUR 3 300 to 4 660).
Duration of appointment: Five years
Career path: Technical
Location: The Hague
Directorate 4.4.1 (Buildings, Technical Installations and Property) is responsible for ensuring optimal working conditions for all staff, preparing and maintaining buildings and office space, ensuring the proper functioning of necessary technical installations and managing the supply of electricity, heat and water.
Reporting to the Head of Section Electrical Team The Hague (Dept. 18.104.22.168), you will help manage the Office-wide safety and security maintenance contract, and co-ordinate with IM on the IT environment required for the safety and security installations.
Your main responsibilities
• Support in managing the safety and security maintenance contract:
- co-ordinating with IM on the IT environment for the safety and security installations
- approving the main contractor's work plan
- performing random quality checks
- ensuring process improvement as well as process compliance
- ensuring compliance with the EPO's data protection guidelines
- drafting basic designs
- drafting technical specifications
- performing co-ordination and planning
- working in project teams
- overseeing assigned works from start to finish
- access control installations
- CCTV installations
- pager installations
- intercom installations
- fire detection installations
- emergency call installations
- requests or malfunctions reported via the CAFM system in relation to the above-mentioned installations
- maintenance performed by the maintenance contractor in the above domains and providing monthly reports to the head of department on the status of maintenance and contractor performance
• Participating in on-call service when required
What we expect from you
- At least five years' proven experience in the installation and maintenance of low-voltage safety and security installations
- Knowledge of European data protection guidelines
- In-depth knowledge of IT data network infrastructure
- Experience with defined processes
- Proven knowledge of standards and building codes in the Netherlands
- Formal qualification in electrical or IT discipline at technical secondary school level (MTS or higher)
- Proficiency in Dutch would be an advantage
- Completed secondary education or – in exceptional cases – equivalent professional experience
- Working knowledge of two official languages (English, French, German)
- Citizenship of one of the member states of the European Patent Organisation.
It is intended to hold the interviews in week 37 in The Hague.
* after deduction of EPO internal tax and before deduction of staff contributions to the social-security and pension schemes. The salary range depends on experience.
Apply now via the website below the text
To foster gender diversity, EPO encourages applications from female candidates.
The EPO is an equal opportunities employer and supports workforce diversity as a signatory to the Diversity Charter (Charta der Vielfalt) since 2010.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the professional merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion or belief.