Antiek sier jachtgeweer 1859 onklaar Sharps Rifle karabijn.
LeveringOphalen of Verzenden
Antiek sier jachtgeweer 1859 onklaar Sharps Rifle karabijn.Bieden
PS Uit erfenis verkregen heb er zelf niet veel vertand van, dus graag niet met specifieke vragen komen. What you see is what you get, vrijblijvend kijken geen probleem.
Evt te ruil tegen origineel merk horloge: Rolex Breitling Hublot Cartier Patek Philippe Audemars Piguet
This exceptional example of a scarce Sharps New Model 1859 percussion carbine that features the desirable early type brass barrel band, patch box and buttplate. These components were later changed to iron. Introduced in late 1858, the New Model 1859 Sharps are numbered starting in the 30000 range with total early type production around 3,000 units. The state of Georgia bought approximately 2,000 (1,600 bought directly from Sharps and 400 bought on the commercial market), and it is known that they were issued to the Georgia cavalry and infantry units. These were the first of the straight breech models and were widely used during the Civil War. Many were damaged, altered, or destroyed. This high conditioned early version of the New Model 1859 percussion carbine has a barrel fitted with a German silver blade front sight and a Lawrence patent rear sight marked "R.S. LAWRENCE/PATENTED/FEB. 15th 1859." The barrel is marked with the three-line Hartford address ("SHARPS RIFLE/MANUFG. CO./HARTFORD CONN.") ahead of the rear sight and "NEW MODEL 1859" at the breech. There is a saddle ring and bar mounted on the left side of the stock wrist. It has the Lawrence pellet primer, blue barrel and casehardened receiver. The lock and receiver have the standard Sharps ("C. SHARPS' PAT./SEPT. 12th 1848" and "C. SHARPS' PAT./OCT 5th 1852") and R.S. Lawrence ("R.S. LAWRENCE PAT./APRIL 12th 1859") patent markings. The serial number is stamped on the upper receiver tang. The inside of the patch box door is numbered to the gun. Mounted with a highly figured smooth walnut forearm and straight grip stock with sling swivel mounted on the underside of the buttstock